+ Does your curiosity draw you to the data behind a report?
+ Are you technical in your approach yet adaptable to relate in other ways?
+ Do you use your creativity to think beyond the assignment?
+ Are you a whiteboard enthusiast who naturally expresses your thoughts by drawing them out?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might have what it takes to join the FourFront team. The following statements may also describe you:
- You are analytical by nature and can recognize patterns in complex data.
- You take ownership of your work and do not hesitate to take on new challenges.
- You digest new information easily and can quickly apply that knowledge to other applications.
- You are detail-oriented, thorough, curious, and a forward-thinking team player.
- You are proactive and self-motivated with a passion for learning and growth.
Our growing digital marketing agency has a great opportunity for a team-oriented individual who has a strong foundation of data skills coupled with the desire to learn and do more. This entry-level position reports to the Lead Data Analyst with whom you will work closely to gain hands-on experience including the use of FourFront’s proprietary systems. This role is multi-faceted and you will be responsible for collecting, managing, and analyzing data to produce actionable insights and reports.
The Perfect Candidate
FourFront is not for the timid or complacent. The perfect candidate will want to learn and contribute. They will be expressive, self-managing and motivated, working harder and smarter when faced with a challenge. Finally, they will be an enthusiastic but flexible team member who understands that individual success is a byproduct of company success.
- Import, export and manipulate data, analyze trends, and perform advanced Excel operations.
- Design and create recurring and ad-hoc reports in interactive visualization tools to report on key metrics, identify trends, and benchmark competitors.
- Crawl websites for performance audits, collect business and web data, and conduct market and competitor research.
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external teams to ensure reports are accurate, compelling, and provide meaningful insights to drive clients’ business goals.
- Analyze reports and dashboards to provide actionable insights to internal teams.
- Collaborate on KPI and reporting requirements to design tagging frameworks that effectively capture business requirements and deliver accurate data.
- Ensure data collection adheres to privacy, security, and performance best practices.
- Stay current with latest industry trends, best practices, technologies, and tools and incorporate innovative solutions into our data analysis approach.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong proficiency with Excel including familiarity with PivotTables and advanced formulas
- SQL (Basic) including familiarity with MySQL
- Strong proficiency in Google Data Studio and/or other data visualization tools (Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to interpret business and technical needs to optimize platform performance
- Highly analytical mindset with strong technical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Possess a positive attitude that blends with our company culture
Extra Credit or Preferred Skills
- Experience in digital marketing, website design, and SEO
- Google Certifications in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
- Familiarity with programming tasks in Excel using VBA
- Google Analytics configuration experience (extra bonus points for GA4!)
FourFront is a digital marketing and web analytics company that transforms websites into powerful front-end marketing channels. We use a combination of data science and unique information-gathering technology to help our clients improve leads, increase sales, and align digital marketing efforts with customer needs. We are looking for people who are curious, collaborative, and want to explore new frontiers in website strategy and analytics.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our team members have a lot in common but we also appreciate that our differences hold the key to unlocking creativity and innovation. We are keenly aware of how we benefit from our diverse world. What’s more, we honor our collective responsibility to act on this awareness. At FourFront, we look for every opportunity to include perspectives from various races, identities, beliefs, and experiences. In short, we not only encourage an environment where associates can be themselves, we rely on it.
The fields of digital marketing and data science are inherently competitive. Every day, we work with clear performance metrics, and we measure our results against those objectives. We expect everyone on our team to be performance-driven and set very high standards for themselves. That said, we also believe in work-life balance and the need to stop and refresh. In our experience, the best ideas come from healthy, happy team members. To manage this balance, we offer our employees a competitive salary/benefits package and generous PTO including an annual office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Due to the pandemic, we are currently working remotely, and we will consider qualified applicants who do not reside locally and require a remote, virtual working environment. For local applicants, when it is safe to do so, we will adopt a hybrid work policy with some days in-office and others remote. Our office is located in a newly renovated factory building which is part of the Wayne Junction Historical District in the Germantown neighborhood of Philadelphia. The building’s design is industrial chic and provides a fun, creative work space large enough to accommodate FourFront’s future growth.
Thoroughly reading this job description is a good indicator of your attention to detail. Please let us know you made it this far by telling us your favorite dinosaur in your cover letter.
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and aptitude. FourFront is an equal opportunity employer. Authorization to work in the US without employer sponsorship is required.
Please address these questions in your cover letter:
- Rate your level of Excel proficiency from 1 to 10, with 1 being beginner and 10 being advanced expert (for instance, Level 10 is being able to program with VBA).
- On a linear scale from 1 (low ability) to 5 (rarely miss errors), how do you rate your ability to pay special attention to the details of individual tasks and quickly catch mistakes?
- How do you find errors that aren’t immediately obvious?
- Provide 3 words that describe the traits or behaviors that make you a good data analyst.
- Briefly describe a time you tried something and failed.
- What is your salary requirement?
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the short form below and attach your cover letter and resume. All fields are required. We will contact you as soon as possible, once your completed application is received.